In NEB school, our co-curricular activities cover and develop the following in pupils and sudents :
1. It stimulates playing, acting, recitation, speaking and narrating in students.
2. Activities like participation in game debates, music, drama, etc., help in achieving overall functioning of education.
3. It enables the students to express themselves freely through debates.
4. Games and Sports gives fitness and energy to the child.
5. Helps to develop the spirit of healthy competition.
6. These activities guide students to organize, present an activity and develop various skills, to co-operate and co-ordinate in different situations to attain leadership qualities.
7. It provides avenues of socialization, self-identification and self-assessment when the child comes in contact with organizers, fellow participants, teachers, people outside the school during cultural activity.
8. Inculcate moral values and principles.
9. It makes one perfect in decision making.
10. It develops a sense of belonging.
11. CCA motivates learning.
12. CCA develops physical, psychological, Ethical, academic, civic, social, aesthetic, cultural recreational and disciplinary values
JETSCLUB: As the Junior Engineers, Technicians and Scientists club, we go deep into Science
by proving facts laid out by known Scientists. It is a club designed to promote interests
Science, Engineering and Technology by engaging its members in science fairs, quizzes,
lectures, excursions, debates We also carry out Scientific Steps such as Introduction, Theory,
Observation, Hypothesis, and Conclusion, thereby incorporating the needed scientific skills
MUSIC / CHOIR: Pupils/students are trained to use various musical instruments like recorder, saxophone, keyboard, guitar, violin etc. The school orchestra is showcased during most school event in School
ARTS AND CRAFTS: The club helps to develop the three domains of education. Learners develop drawing, painting and moulding skills through activities such as construction with pipe-cleaners, drawing and painting. The club and its related activities help in the development of self-creativity, as all learners are exposed to creating something from nothing. Past projects include an origami jet, collage food, fish, boat, hand printing turkey and Christmas decorations among other activities.
FOOTBALL CLUB: This club helps learners discover their football talent/potential at an early stage. All major skills are taught (dribbling, ball walk, heading, ball control, throwing, kicking etc.) It trains learners for fitness, stamina, teamwork and to be passionate about what they do. Intra-class, friendly matches are always organized.
RED CROSS SOCIETY The Red cross was introduced in Nigeria between 1915 and 1917, by the British Government after the first world war and was known as “British Red cross Nigerian Branch”. After independence, on 4th February 1961. It was changed to Nigerian red cross. Nigeria became the 86th member nation to join then league of the red cross society now known as the international federation of the red crosas and Red crescent societies. The motto of the Nigerian Red Cross Society is ‘through humanity to peace’. The pupils of new Estate Baptist School junior Red Cross society Members have been exposed to the activities of Red cross since it was introduced to the school in 2007 whose aims are
- To protect the life and health of one self and others
- To give aid and comfort to the sick and suffering
- To link together all the children of the world in a chain of human sympathy
BROWNIE CLUB Brownie club is a club of young girls of about age 5-12years. The club meeting holds every Thursday between 1:30pm-2:30pm. During the meeting the children are taught various ways they can give helping hand to people around them especially the elderly ones. They are instructed to take good care of themselves as young girls and protect themselves against any form of abuse. In order to develop their skill, effort is made on teaching the members on how to be creative by making various house hold articles that are useful to them such as beaded slippers, shower caps, hair accessories The pupils are usually grouped according to the insect they belong. Each group is called a pack and in a pack there are six pupils. In every meeting people sit according to the pack they belong and even sing songs for their groups. The school browine club takes active part in yearly WORLD WIDE BRROWNIE DAY.
MATHS CLUB: A great mathematician once postulated that: “Mathematics is not only a subject, it is an inherent, inborn characteristic of every living and non-living thing created by God”. The Mathematics Club in NEBSS try to show students the fun and humorous side of Mathematics. We try as much as possible to kill that age-old fear of Mathematics, which has tormented students for generations. It is this same fear that has eclipsed the mathematical talent in many students. Recently, we had our Mathematics Week where students displayed their mathematical genii through dramatics, quizzes and demo-classes. We also use this medium to drill students who are naturally gifted in their mathematical skill set.